Saturday 20 August 2016

AM I GOING HOME?



So I’ve been on holiday for the last few weeks and everyone in London is wondering whether we will return back to our beloved Naija which we relocated to, in 2008. I kind of wondered about that question when I was sitting on the boat in Hyde park. I started to wonder whether I wanted to return to my country of heritage with all its ''wahala'' but alas I reminded myself that all that glitters in the UK is not gold.

Morning Thoughts

I got my wake up call this morning when the sun disappeared and I was reminded how miserable the English weather can be and how that alone can affect your happiness. I started to think about all the things I will be looking forward when I return back and here is my list.



The God Factor

The Naija environment keeps you focused on God. I doubt that are many atheists living in Naija. Your daily life is in constant warfare from leaving your house to doing business to mingling with others. God needs to be ever present in your life, unlike in the UK where it so easy to forget to rely on HIM.


The Light Factor

Everyone is talking about how good the light situation has been in Lagos and I can testify to that because before we left for our holidays, our estate had constant light for nearly 3 weeks. That has never happened before in the 8 years that I have lived in Lagos. So up Lagos government for that.



Constant Hot Weather

When I lived in the UK, I use to get bouts of depression in the winter. The early dark nights just didn’t work for me. I haven’t experienced any sort of deep depression in Lagos. I love constant sunshine and it's good for the skin.



Organic Fresh Food

A friend of mine was complaining that she bought an apple from her local supermarket and it had remained the same for about 6 months. She knew that wasn’t right because if it was fresh it would have gone off within a week. I love the fact the fresh food in Lagos is organic. So that means I am eating food that is healthy and good for me.


New Relationships

Unlike the UK, I have very few close friends in Lagos but that doesn’t mean I wont meet new people that think like me and understand me. I am actually looking forward to building on relationships and joining new networks. I have definitely built strong business relationships/ partnerships and more are developing both locally and globally. 



Emerging Market

Nigeria is an emerging market and despite the challenges there is still so many opportunities to have a great business. There’s also opportunities to give back and really make an impact to your community.

So it looks like we are going back BUT just not yet....

Thanks for stopping by. If you found this blog post useful please leave a comment and share with others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment