Tuesday 2 August 2016

SIX LESSONS FROM MY GLAM MA


Today is my mum's birthday. She is a Glam ma to 12 grandchildren with another on the way. There are several lessons that I have learned from her over the years. Here are six of them.

Looking Good Is Good Business

My mum has always looked good and taken care of herself. She knows what suits her and what doesnt and she has pleasure in experimenting with new looks. Ive seen my mum rock afros, weaves, cornrows, braids, bobs, curly perm, straight perm, natural hair and now she’s got this short red funky glam look going on. And yes she does look Fab.

Stay In Shape

People always comment that my mum looks in good shape. She has never been overweight. The truth is my mum doesn’t sit still. She's always on the move. And when she does sit still, she's looking for what to do next. My mum is very active and that has been the secret of her not adding weight. In addition, even though she still gets away with eating three square meals a day, she doesn’t really snack on biscuits or junk food.

Discipline

My mum has always set a great example by being very disciplined. She's never been one to spend frivolously. So I will try and learn from my Glam ma and try to be more disciplined too, especially when it comes to savings. ''Always save for a rainy day'' she says. 

Love Family

My mum loves her family and always put us first. She is very selfless and giving and that encourages me to be like her in that way. My daughter who is finishing her education in London, lives with her Glam ma and has benefited from my mum’s selfless love.

Don’t Give Up

My mum has always been a determined woman and has taught us to never give up. When she has a goal she does everything in her power to reach it. I have watched her determination. I love her ''can do'' spirit.

Be Confident

My mum has always been comfortable in her own skin and stays away from negativity. She is confident in her abilities and experiences and is always willing to share. 

Bonus: Prayer is the Key.

This is my Gram ma's favourite prayer

Dear God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

My wish for my mama on her birthday is that she will continue to live in peace and good health and anything else is a bonus.

Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment and share with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment