Sunday 14 January 2018

HOW TO CREATE YOUR DREAM LIFE

Since the No Nonsense Goals masterclass that I attended last week I have been in deep reflection mode, designing my dream life goals, thanks to the 30 day online inner circle that I am part of. In my journey I realised that I have SMART goals, a SMART Vision board, a business vision but no tight defined vision statement or story to really actualise my personal goals and life. A vision is so important because it inspires us to focus on what matters. It also provides clarity for the future and ensures that everything we are doing now is working towards our future vision.


There are barriers to visioning though and I faced them too.
1.  We stop visioning from childhood. We thought our dreams were too big or unrealistic
2.  Visioning is a skill that most people don’t practice but the more we practice the better we become
3.  We fear  failure but we can eliminate this thinking by saying 'there are no failures but lessons learned'
4.  We think a vision has to be perfect. Hears the good news. It doesn’t.



After this week online session and to my delight I came up with my own personal vision story (which is still a work in progress) and I wanted to share the steps that I took.

WHAT DO YOU VALUE THE MOST

The first step was to list the top ten things that matter most to me. After listing them I regrouped them and discovered 6 things that are most important to me. If you know me well enough you’ll probably be able to mention about 3 of them. I will go ahead and list three of them. 1. Love 2. Self- Worth 3. Communication. And you will probably realise that a lot of the things I do in life whether business or personal are centered around those values. 

CHUNK VALUES INTO GROUPS

After I listed my 6 top values, I grouped them in importance and rated them out of 10 on how strong I am and what steps if any to improve the lower scores. For example, communication is a strong value of mine and I get very frustrated when there are barriers. One of the ways I can overcome those frustrations is by asking more questions and seek to understand before being understood. 



WRITE PERSONAL VISION STORY

After the above task, I was ready to write my vision story. I used all the words in my values like love, self-worth and communication to create the kind of vision I want to see for my life in the future.

I am excited because I have literally created and designed my dream life. But I am still on a journey and still in the 30 day inner group so there’s more to learn. My vision story can be tweeked  but at least I have started it. It doesnt end at writing a vision story. I read it daily along with affirmations to really bring my vision to reality. 

How about you? Have you set a personal vision statement or story for your life or business? It’s really worth creating one.

LAST BLOG POST

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment and share with others. Sharing is caring.

About author
RiRi is a dedicated Events & Marketing Experts who is passionate about serving clients at Majestically Rare to the highest standards. Only the best will do. She is also the founder of Raising Confident Girls Initiative with a clear vision: A world where every girl is confident. 


No comments:

Post a Comment