Sunday 21 January 2018

THREE KEYS TO ACCEPTANCE

Sometime last year I had an epiphany. I cant remember exactly what month it was in or what date but I remember the feeling of peace. I was done trying to figure everything out. I moved into a new state of maturity. A new state of peace and a new state of acceptance.

Here are three key points that can help you with acceptance.

I''M NEVER GONNA BE A ROCK STAR

ACCEPT YOURSELF

Accepting yourself is the biggest step to inner peace but it takes honesty and inner reflection.  A lot of times we aspire to be or do things that we are not called to do and that causes frustration. Sometimes we envy others who have the gifting we desire. 

I remember when I was a little girl, like most little girls I wanted to be a singer. But reality set in and I realised that I just wasnt gifted to sing. We have to be really honest with ourselves.

Have you accepted yourself?
Do you know yourself?
Do you know your strengths and your weakness?
Are you trying to do things that are just not in your gifting? 
Are there people in your inner circle that you trust that can be honest with you?
I am not saying that you shouldnt strive for things that you desire but be really clear about who you are and your calling. 

ACCEPT OTHERS


You have to accept others for who they are and if change is going to come, it will have to come from the person. Newly weds please take note. 

I use to have this eagerness to try and fix people in my attempt to get on better with them. But they never changed and eventually,  I realised that you cant change others. 

The only person you can change is yourself.  Parents take note too and dont push your children to things they are just not cut out to do. 
CHAI! THEYVE TAKEN LIGHT

ACCEPT THINGS

So much is happening in the world and every day I see a rant on social media. But I wont give myself high blood pressure over the things I cant control. There are so many things in my beloved country that I would like to change like the power failure situation. Gosh that use to upset me when I first arrived but ‘’I cant kill myself’’ as they say over here.

Now I can be in a meeting and if there's a power failure I can carry on talking with everyone else rather than look confused lol. 
I have accepted what I can change and what I cant I say this short prayer. 



What about you? 
What things do you need to accept in 2018? What things are causing you unnecessary stress? 
What things do you need to let go of, so that you can really enjoy the rest of 2018? 
I do hope that this is food for thought. Please leave a comment about what you have accepted. 

Thanks for stopping by and please share to those who may benefit.

My Previous post

About author
RiRi is a dedicated Events & Marketing Experts who is passionate about serving clients at Majestically Rare to the highest standards. Only the best will do. She is also the founder of Raising Confident Girls Initiative with a clear vision: A world where every girl is confident. 



2 comments:

  1. As always, your message hits home. I am one of those who used to try to change everyone. Thankfully, i have learnt to accept people as they are. Oh what peace i experience now in my relationships.
    Now I've got to finish accepting myself. Thanks Riri for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s a journey sis but it gives real peace when you accept yourself totally

    ReplyDelete