Thursday 1 December 2016

ELEVEN LIFE LESSONS FROM RIRI

I cant believe December is here already. To date 2016 has been one of those years of highs and lows for me.  I started this blog about 6 months ago and I thank God that my gift of communication is something of value and I am able to express myself in a light hearted way and that someone out there is inspired by my writings. Here's a list of 11 life lessons that have affected me in the last 11 months and I hope that someone will be inspired.


BE GRATEFUL FOR LIFE


Life Is Short: This time last week I was rushed to hospital. I was struggling to breath again. I say again because unfortunately my asthma is heightened at this time of year and I am sometimes crippled with allergies and asthma. I realise more than ever that I have to take my preventative medicines at all times. Unfortunately, on that fateful Friday while I was struggling to breath and finally recovered, someone else took their last final breath. Remember life is short. 



Count Your Blessings: Which brings me to my second point which is count your blessings. If you don’t need an inhaler, you are blessed. If you have the money to buy an inhaler like me, you are blessed.  Whichever way you look at it, as long as you are alive and breathing properly, you are blessed.

Be Grateful: Don’t wait for complications to strike before you begin to feel grateful. Every day that you wake up, be grateful. Write down a grateful log.

Don’t Dull Your Shine: You are a gift to the world and whatever you have, can inspire people so please don’t dull it. If you are a writer, write. If you are a singer, sing. If you are comforter, comfort people. Just ask God to put the right people your way and remove the ones that don’t need or appreciate your gift.

DONT DULL YOUR SHINE


Don’t Apologize For Being You: Never ever do this. Don’t go into hiding. Don’t question yourself or your abilities or your uniqueness. Not everyone can handle you because not everyone is comfortable with who they are.

Live An Uncomplicated Life: Don’t sweat the small stuff. Don’t enlarge the big stuff. Find uncomplicated people to hang around because life is already complicated enough. Hang around toddlers. They are uncomplicated.
DONT COMPLICATE YOUR LIFE



Ignore Toxic Behaviour: These days I simply ignore it unless of course it’s my own children or those very close to me then I can pull them up on it but otherwise I ignore.

Don’t Copy Toxic Behaviour:  Dont copy toxic behaviour hoping to keep scores. There's a lot that we dont see and you dont really know what is going on in another person life, despite what you see on social media. Just pray for others. 

Be Confident:  You have to be confident in who God made you to be.  Having confidence is like a muscle that needs to be worked on. You have  stand up for what you believe in. You have to walk in your values. You cannot be blown by everything you see. You have to be a thinker. You have to ask questions. You have to know that you know that you know who you are and who's you are.

BE CONFIDENT 

Enjoy The Now: Because now is all you have. Nobody knows tomorrow. Nobody knows where they will be but God. 

Live to Please God: So that even your enemies will be at peace with you. Live in love, have a generous heart. Always seek to do God's will. Do not lie, cheat or steal or be proud. Treat other's how you would like to be treated. 

So that's my 11 lessons so far. I am sure I will have one final lesson by the end of month 12. Which of these 11 lessons resonates with you and do you have any more to share? Please respond in the comment box and feel free to share with others. 

Happy New Month 


No comments:

Post a Comment