Friday 23 December 2016

12 BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES OF MY DAD

The memory of my dad’s birthday came and went on the 28th of August and I just couldn’t even acknowledge it to myself, not to talk of the rest of the world. It was just too painful for me as he slipped away suddenly in February. That was 10 months ago and as time heals wounds I am able to share a few precious personal shots. As I think about life without him during this Christmas season, I am determined to remember all the good times.


Here are 12 beautiful memories of my dad - 


This was dad on his 70th birthday about two years ago. He had an intimate dinner party with family and photoshoot. We are indeed a village. 


Roll back the years and this was one of his first photos when he arrived in the UK in the 60's. 


Dad was stylish and too cool for his own good.


Dad was always the one behind the camera and he loved his gadgets. Nice to see him in action.




He was a stylish dude in the 70's and loved his music


Dad returned back to Nigeria in the late 70's and loved his Peugeot 504


Dad in the early 80's in Owerri. We had fond memories of good times for a short time before military took over. 


Dad was always happy at his children's weddings. Ndi Igbo kwenu...


Trust dad to remain stylish in the 90's with his leather jacket.


My dad was posh like this. He always used a knife and fork to eat traditional Naija food. Plus his gadgets were always in sight. 



Friendly, social and a friend to everyone. Our beloved dad, granddad, uncle, inlaw and much more.


I sent this message to my dad on the 01 January 2016. I didnt realize that 12 months later, I would be speaking about him in the past. But such is life and death but thank God for good photo memories.

Some Family on my Dad's 70th Birthday


Writing this blog has been therapy for me. 
Thanks for being part of my blog journey this year and I look forward to sharing with you in 2017. 

Have a wonderful Christmas and beautiful New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment