Saturday 10 February 2018

DOES INTENTIONAL LIVING BRING SUCCESS?

So at the beginning of the year, I decided to live a more intentional life. Intentional living is not a new concept to me but I havent always been that consistent and deliberate until I went on the NO NONSENSE GOAL masterclass in January. So here are just 5 things that I try to practice intentionally, with hope that it improves my success rate of achieving my life and business goals.



1. INTENTIONALLY PRACTICE GRATITUDE

Saturdays are my day of gratitude. I spend my morning’s reflecting on my week and just write down all the things that I am grateful for. It really is a great confidence booster and helps me count my blessings.  Today I am grateful for my sister friend Ngozi Obi, who I have known for 18 years and who is celebrating her birthday. I am so grateful to have such a phenomenal sister friend in my life.  



2. INTENTIONALLY REVIEW  LIFE AND BUSINESS GOALS

It’s so easy at the beginning of the year to write down goals and be so excited about achieving them but how many of us are fed by February? Ouch! The momentum goes down and even the mention of goals can irritate us. So I decided to change that mindset and intentionally review my goals on a weekly basis to see where I am and whether anything needs adapting. It’s been quite mind blowing to see that my goals are being achieved faster by being intentional.

3. INTENTIONALLY RECITE AFFIRMATIONS

I intentionally recite affirmations daily to help achieve my goals. Sometimes I listen to them as a voice note or just read them silently.

I have spiritual affirmations, life goal affirmations, business affirmations and confidence affirmations. And I believe they are helping me achieve my goals because what you focus on, you become.



4. INTENTIONALLY WATCH WHAT WE EAT

I have dreams of returning to my pre returnee weight (I use to be leaner when I lived in London) but this is not going to happen if I don’t manage what I eat or do exercise. I recently saw a post from my dear friend Kwavi where one of her clients said that her new menu was boring. Kwavi quickly reminded her client that food is not meant to entertain us. Its just meant to fuel the body. I reflected on Kwavi’s message and now intentionally do a check to make sure I am eating right not as a bestie or to entertain me but just as fuel. It doesn’t mean I don’t have treats but I intentionally try to keep them limited. And by the way, I have a few accountability partners that keep me in check lol. 

MORE ABOUT KWAVI



5. INTENTIONALLY LIVE A SIMPLE LIFE

My life is simple and that is intentional. My desire for material things are minimal. I like nice things but I don’t desire too much of them.  I just keep me simple. I am always de-cluttering. Intentional living is not the same as being intentionally mean or hurtful or calculating and those are habits I stay away from. I like friendships that are simple and straight forward.  I surround myself with those who share the same values as me and it gives me peace and makes my life simple. It really is intentional. 

So these are just some of the things I do intentionally to create more success in my life. It’s a bit too early to evaluate the outcomes of some of the new ones but so far so good. How about you? What do you do that is intentional and what are the benefits? 

Thank you for stopping by and as usual and if you found this blog post helpful please share with others.

MY LAST POST


NO NONSENSE GOALS IN 2018

Happy Weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment