Monday 31 October 2016

HOW TO FIND PURPOSE

A friend of mine recently said she was on a journey to discover her purpose. She said ‘’RiRi it looks like you’ve found yours’’. I said ‘’yes’’ but it’s been a long drawn out journey.  It sometimes comes from a place of pain and involves a lot of sacrifice. Its born out of a passion to make a difference.

I wasnt one of those people that knew right from childhood why I existed. In fact, I believe my relocation to Nigeria helped me find my purpose. Below are some of the questions from a self-reflection test which I took a few years ago which helped me discover why I exist.  



What are you naturally curious about?

Your answer to this will give you some indication of your purpose. Everybody has different things that makes them curious. In my case, I’ve always been a people's person and I have a passion to help others, whether in business or in their personal life. The business that I run and charity that I am involved in allows me to fulfill my purpose.  What about you? What are you naturally curious about and enjoy? Is it politics, real estate, art, science, sports, computers etc.



What would you love to accomplish before you die?

Your answer to this will also help discover purpose. Some people have great wishes to do things but don’t. Those who have discovered purpose actually do everything they can to accomplish their life goals before they die. This is because they are dedicated to achieving their purpose. They take little steps to accomplish them and dont give until they do.

What would do if you could not fail?

That is a very deep question because most people are afraid of failure but those who have found purpose take risks because they know why they exist. I believe that one needs to change their mindset, so rather than think of a past mistakes as failure, see them as lessons learned and you will be on the way to discovering purpose.




What were the activities or tasks you were doing when you felt most empowered?

When you are passionate about something and feel energised, you are probably on the right track to your purpose. Sometimes you may have to think back to your childhood and think about any activity that gave you fulfillment. I feel empowered when I am publicizing, creating and delivering an event. It is such a buzz. The same energy and power that I use to deliver a large-scale corporate event is the same passion for the workshops which are much smaller and I know that my purpose is being fulfilled. I also feel the same passion and purpose when talking and engaging in matters for ‘’Raising Confident Girls’’.  Because my ultimate purpose is to help people.
So what about you? Why do you exist? Take your time to answer this question but it may help lead to your purpose. I wish you the best.

If you would like a copy of the self-assessment test that I took then send a request to me at rita@majesticallyrare.com

Have you found your purpose? Please share how you discovered it.

Recommended books

1. The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
2. S.H.A.P.E Finding & Fulfilling your unique purpose for life by Erik Rees
3. Who moved My Cheese by Dr Spencer Johnson
4. Understanding the Purpose and Power of Woman by Dr Myles Munroe ( I think there's a version for men) 
5. Understanding Your Potential by Dr Myles Munroe
6. The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren






No comments:

Post a Comment