Thursday 14 July 2016

DON’T BE A COPYCAT! I AM ALREADY TAKEN



People tend to be cautious of copycats, especially here in Nigeria. They are afraid to show their work and talents because they are afraid others will copy. I even felt that recently and realised that its actually flattering when someone else copies your idea because it shows that you are ''loaded'' and a thought leader.  Let’s get logical and not emotional here and tackle the realities of copycats.  

There is nothing hidden under the sun, so there is virtually nothing that someone else has not thought of before. (There’s also Google) So when it comes to ideas, we all copy, we research, we refer, but when it comes to your uniqueness, your personal brand, your brand YOU, nobody can be you.

Here is a list of things that people cannot copy

Your Smile 


Did you know that all of us smile differently? Our smile is a mirror into our lives. Our smiles are usually a reflection of what is going on in our lives. And being that two people are not going to have the exact same experience at the same time, no one can steal or duplicate your smile for that moment in time.

Your Voice 


And I don’t mean what you sound like. I mean the stories that you tell. All our stories are completely different. If you read my first post, I wrote that from age of 11, I have lived in and out of two continents. Other people may have had similar experiences to me but they are not going to have the exact story. And even if they did, they are not going to narrate it in the same way as me.

Your Passion 



Everyone has their own unique passion. By that I mean your get up and go.  The thing that keeps you up at night. That thing that makes you want to save the world. Our passions are uniquely different for all of us. I am passionate about people.  I am a communicator. I love sharing. I love celebrating. I love teaching.  Someone else may have a passion for people but will express it in a different way from me.

Your Unique Character

Your character is who you are. Nobody can be you. Even if they did cosmetic surgery to look like you, they will never be you and that's because they don’t have the same life experiences as you.  Even identical twins don’t have the same character.

So next time you are fretting over copy cats, know that they can never ever be you.

So what else can we NOT copy from each other?

Please subscribe, copy and share this post.

Thanks for passing by

Stay blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment