Wednesday 24 May 2017

WHY PEOPLE ARE MEAN


A young lady asked me a very interesting question the other day. She wanted to know why some people are mean. I thought about her question and here are my top responses...


1. REVENGE

I know I have a mean streak especially when someone deliberately hurts me. Your going down....hehehe but I am learning not to take revenge and just trying my best to turn the other cheek. Pray for me lol. 

2. LACK OF AWARENESS

I don’t know any mean person that will admit that they are mean. Do you? They just don’t realise that their actions are mean.  Some people are not sensitive enough to realise how the impact of their mean behaviour affects others because they are too focused on the end result. 

3. TOO BLUNT

Some people are blunt. They have not learnt the art of ‘’TACT’’ and so what they say comes out mean. 


4. COPIED FROM PARENTS

Nobody is born mean. I've never met a mean baby, have you? But I believe that some people are mean as a result of their upbringing. Maybe they had a mean parent and copied the behaviour.  Maybe they just think mean is normal. 

5. DEEP INSECURITIES

A mean person may have issues  and battles that they are dealing with so they lash out on others. You dont know what happens behind the scenes away from all the glitter. 

6. HURT PEOPLE HURT OTHERS

Some people are mean because they have been hurt and so hurt others. They just cant forgive and forget and just set out to be mean to everyone because they are still hurting. 


7. SUPERIORITY COMPLEX

Some people sadly believe they are better than others and treat others meanly. They are rude and demanding. 

8. LACK OF EMPATHY

Some people lack empathy so come across as mean. They are not caring. If you passed out in front of them they probably wouldnt notice. It's just the way they are. Dont take it personally.

So those are my top reasons why people are mean. I promise to be kinder. How about you? Do you have a mean streak? C'mon you can admit it to me? It's only social media hehehe. 

I would love to read your responses in the comment box.


Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to share with others. Dont be mean! 

No comments:

Post a Comment